SPiN Wired

Review: Towne Tavern

Emily Bryson, Reporter

Towne Tavern has been open for five years and is stationed in Rock Hill, SC on Cherry Rd next to Penn Station East Coast Subs.

Upon arrival, we were welcomed by the friendly hosts ready to seat my family and I at our reserved table for five. The positive vibes were all around the room with echoes from family and friends laughing. Within ten minutes, we all placed our drink orders and put in our food orders. It took about 20 minutes for us to receive our food in total.

Multiple waiters and hosts came around to all guest asking how the food was so far and if we needed anything. The average cost for our bill was around $60.

Towne Tavern is open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner Monday through Sunday. Monday through Saturday opens at 11 a.m. and closes at midnight. Every Sunday Towne Tavern opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m.

Towne Tavern gets their largest crowd on Thursday nights around 6:30 p.m. in which they provide music bingo for customers to play while eating.  Customers bring friends and family to test each other’s knowledge about songs from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and many of today’s hits, mainly gathering up at the end of the night to get a chance to win up to $250 in cash.

Towne Tavern offers a variety of pregame warm up foods, such as Buffalo shrimp, Saratoga chips, nachos, mozzarella sticks, and much more. Towne Tavern offers 18 award winning wing flavors, homemade creamy ranch and chunky blue cheese dressing, serving 50¢ wings all day, every day.

Towne Tavern not only offers their famous wings and warm up foods, they also offer a variety of chicken sandwiches, specialty sandwiches, burgers, and other platters to eat.

The restaurant’s variety of food puts a smile on the family’s faces. I was very satisfied with the wonderful service at the restaurant and without a second thought, I recommend this place to anyone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and have fun with their family any day of the week.