The Student News Site of South Pointe High School

SPiN Wired

News Brief: Cross Town Showdown against the Bearcats

This week is the annual Cross Town Showdown, South Pointe against Rock Hill High, at the Dave Lyle Chick-fil-a. The spirit fundraiser competition, coinciding with this week’s rivalry football game, started Monday, Aug. 29, and ends Thursday, Sept. 1 at 10 p.m.

Because the school with the most money by closing time Thursday night, as verified by receipts customers placed in the box for each school, receives 10% of the total profit, cheerleaders were encouraging everyone they met at school today to remember to put receipts into the Stallion box at Chick-fil-a every single time they eat there during the Cross Town Showdown. South Pointe is the reigning champion and has just returned the trophy to Chick-fil-a during this year’s competition. Stallion cheerleader Lay Barber said she wants to see that trophy returned to its “home” this week. The Stallions have owned the trophy for two consecutive years. “Be sure to put your receipts into the Stallion box this week anytime you eat at Dave Lyle Chick-fil-a. Every single receipt, for even a small amount, will go to our total so be sure not to forget to put your receipt into the box!”

For Stallions who want to go together to Chick-fil-a in a “herd,” Wednesday, Aug. 31 is South Pointe’s official spirit night at the restaurant.

By Riley Moore and Jordan McElveen, reporters